Things to do around Lake Havasu City Arizona
that get you out and about
but do not cost an arm and a leg.
– Walk around the London Bridge and Riverwalk
The London Bridge is named the worlds biggest antique and found it’s home in 1971 in Lake Havasu city, Arizona. Enjoy walking the waterfront around the bridge and the walking paths on both the mainland and the island. See the shops and restaurants and resorts around the bridge. See the bridge – up close and personal – including the scars from bombing in London.
– See the lighthouses
The lighthouse club of Havasu has created many scale models of real lighthouses from the east coast, the west coast, and the great lakes. For history and information about the lighthouses click here
– Thursday nights on Main Street
Thursday nights downtown have become the night to hang out with friends and meet new ones. Any Thursday evening you can see unique and classic cars in the downtown area.
Lake Havasu is a great place to relax with a fishing pole. Several fishing docks provide easy acces for fishing for Largemouth and Striped bass, sunfish, Catfish and others. Click here for more information.
Hiking in the open desert is close and easy access. Maintained hiking trails surround the city and provide incredible sites. For hiking information, Click Here
– Visit the parks
City parks can provide a quiet escape or a place full of activity. Grassy parks can be found on each side of the channel area near the bridge. SARA park is on the south end of town and includes a race track, BMX track, gun range and rodeo grounds as well as hiking trails to the lake.
– Visit the dog parks
There are two dedicated park areas for you favorite four legged friend. One park at the south end of town and another right on the water just south of the bridge.
– Experience the Nellie E Saloon (Desert Bar)
A few miles south of Lake Havasu is a very unique place. Open only on the weekends, the desert bar is an ‘off the grid’ place with live music and interesting things to see. Click here for more information.
– Explore Route 66 and visit Oatman
A few miles of desert north of town you can find the longest remaining section of historic route 66 including historic Oatman. One of many unique things about Oatman is the wild burros that roam the streets looking for edible handouts.
Clubs and Organizations in Lake Havasu City, Arizona
– American Legion – (928) 855-2552
– Fraternal Order of Eagles – (928) 855-1234
– Elks Lodge – (928) 855-2800
– Moose Lodge – (928) 855-0290
– Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) – (928) 855-5374
– Lake Havasu Yacht Club – (928)453-5005
– Lake Havasu City Sportsman Club – (928) 453-5404
– London Bridge Yacht Club – (928) 854-5292
– Chamber of Commerce – (928) 855-4115
– Gem and Mineral Society – (928) 854-2503
– Gold Seekers Havasu – (928) 764-1053
– Havasu 4 Wheelers – President@Havasu4wheelers.org
– Havasu Side by Side – Havasusxs@gmail.com